1. If you are interested in counseling, but have questions about me, my approach to counseling, about the insurances I take, about what it costs, or about telehealth, look around this website and you might find the answers. If you’d like to ask me directly, send me an email.
2. If you are ready to make your first appointment, click here to register and set up a patient portal. There you will be able to see when I’m available and book a time. In the future, you will be able to use the portal to set up more appointments, pay online, and exchange secure emails with me.
3. If you are not paying with insurance, I will need a $60 deposit in advance of our first session. You can make your deposit on the patient portal.
4. Review and sign the Treatment Consent.
Keith Wilson – Counseling
- My self-pay rate is $120 per session.
- Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance, or you will be charged a $60.00 last minute cancellation fee.
- Sessions are no more than 60 minutes in length, unless prearranged.
- If you’re late, we can only meet for the remainder of the session.
- Payment is expected at the time of service; otherwise there is a 5% per month late payment fee.
- Payment may be made by cash, check or major credit/debit/HSA cards. There is a $30.00 fee for all returned checks.
- Let me know immediately if your insurance or payment information has changed.
- You agree to pay all fees not paid by a third party.
- I have provided a patient portal (Therapyappointment.com) as a secure method of communicating by email. If you use other email providers, or if you call or text, you are doing so at your own risk.
- If you need to contact me and reach my voice mail, text, or voicemail, I will attempt to return your call by the next day at the latest. If you are in crisis, you can get help by calling 911, nearly anywhere, or Lifeline at 211, in the Rochester area, any time.
- Specific information about your confidentiality can be found here.
- For the foreseeable future, sessions will be conducted by telehealth video or phone.
- There are risks, benefits, and consequences associated with telehealth, including but not limited to, disruption of transmission by technology failures, interruption and/or breaches of confidentiality by unauthorized persons, and/or limited ability to respond to emergencies.
- There will be no recording of any of the online sessions by either party. All information disclosed within sessions and written records pertaining to those sessions are confidential and may not be disclosed by Keith Wilson to anyone without written authorization, except where the disclosure is permitted and/or required by law.
- Privacy laws that protect the confidentiality of my protected health information(PHI) also apply to telemental health unless an exception to confidentiality applies (i.e. mandatory reporting of child, elder, or vulnerable adult abuse; danger to self or others; or if you raise mental/emotional health as an issue in a legal proceeding).
- Not every condition is appropriate for telehealth services. I will discuss this with you if I believes that to be the case and will refer you to other care.
- I have provided a patient portal (Therapyappointment) as a secure method of communicating by email. If you use other email providers, or if you call or text, you are doing so at your own risk.
- I have provided secure video conferencing platforms (Doxy and Google Meet) for sessions. If you chose to use other platforms, or choose to use the phone, you are doing so at your own risk of security breach.
- You must inform me of your location at the beginning of each telehealth session.
- You will provide the name, phone number, and address of an emergency contact person I can contact on your behalf in a life-threatening emergency only.
5. Once you have registered, paid your deposit (if not using insurance), and completed the consent, I will email you a link through the patient portal. Use that link to begin our session at the appointment time.
See you soon.